A deliciously simply recipe for home-made soup with crunchy croutons; ready in under 30 minutes. Another great use for Good Oil.
For the Croutons
- 3 slices white crusty bread, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons GOOD OIL
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the Soup:
- 2 tbsp GOOD OIL
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 300g fresh watercress, roughly chopped
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 150mls single cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Toss the bread with the GOOD OIL and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and place in a hot oven for 10-15mins, turning them a few times during cooking.
- In a large pan, cook the onions in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the watercress, stock and seasoning.
- Bring slowly to the boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly then process in a blender until smooth.
- Return the soup to a clean pan, add the cream and season.
- Heat and pour into 6 small bowls.
- Garnish with the croutons.