First launched back in April this year, SUPER MEGA KATSU CURRY is the ultimate in yum and takes the classic Katsu curry and supersizes it to make it MEGA.
Priced at just £7 each, this main meal bowl from YO! Sushi celebrates the authentic Japanese Katsu Curry with the traditional chicken recipe available also as prawn or tofu versions.
And now, thanks to YO! Sushi, with this recipe you can make your own Chicken Katsu and simply serve with rice for National Katsu Curry Week.
- 4 Chicken Thighs (bone & skin removed)
- 4 tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- Shichimi Chilli Powder
- 200 grams Panko Breadcrumbs
- ½ White Cabbage
- 100 ml Vegetable Oil
- Tonkatsu Sauce (Brown Sauce)
- Season the chicken thighs with a pinch of salt and shichimi chilli powder.
- Place the plain flour into a bowl, crack the eggs and place them in a different bowl then whisk and place the Panko bread crumbs into a third bowl.
- Coat the seasoned chicken thigh into the flour, then the egg and then the panko breadcrumbs making sure that all of the chicken is coated.
- Slice the cabbage as thinly as possible and soak in cold water for 5 minutes then drain it well.
- Place the vegetable oil into a pan and heat. Shallow fry the breaded chicken for 3 minutes on each side or until they are slightly crispy and cooked through.
- Slice the chicken into 5 finger sized pieces.
- Place the cabbage onto the plate and neatly arrange the chicken katsu pieces then drizzle with the tonkatsu sauce.
Recipe © YO! Sushi