Love them or hate them - Brussels Sprouts are back on the shelves and ready for their seasonal outing.
If you are feeling adventurous and fancy trying something different - then try them deep fried!
- 100g (4oz) plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150ml (1/4pt) milk
- 450g (1lb) brussels sprouts
- Oil for deep frying
- Pinch of salt
- 300ml (1/2pt) béchamel sauce
- Beat together the flour, salt, egg and milk to make a batter and put aside in a cool place.
- Cook the sprouts in boiling water until they are tender (about 5 mins).
- Dip the sprouts in the batter to coat them before frying in batches - in the hot oil - until they are golden and crisp.
- Drain well and serve with the béchamel sauce