When it comes to having time to cook and sort out healthy lunches I am sure we are all guilty of reaching for a ready-made meal or sandwich just for the speed and convenience.
But making lunch needn't be such a chore! Lunch today is a quick cheat garlic chicken salad, mostly made with leftovers.
- 1 chicken breast (we used a left over from the weekend)
- Handful of mixed salad leaves
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 avocado (remnants from yesterday's smoothie)
- Handful of spinach leaves
- Bulb of fresh garlic
- 2 sticks of celery
- 4 radishes
- Medium raw beetroot bulb
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the garlic cloves and pop in a frying pan, on a medium heat with a little olive oil
- Fry off until slightly brown around edges then set to one side
- Simply roughly tear up the mixed lettuce leave and spinach and put in a bowl
- Grate the carrot
- Slice and chop the avocado flesh
- Slice up the radish in to thin slices
- Peel and rough slice/chop the beetroot
- Dice up the celery
- Chop the cold chicken breast in to chunks
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl, pour over a tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with the cooked garlic and enjoy!