Throughout September we will be bringing you a range of 'Meals in Minutes' recipes, to create meals that are bursting with flavour for all the family but mean less time in the kitchen cooking.
To kick start our recipe series we took a look at some of the Meals in Minutes that Waitrose have to offer and found a great collection of simple meals for the whole family. You can use your own alternatives to the Waitrose Essential brands but the ideas remain the same - simple meals in minutes for when you haven't got the time or inspiration to create your own.
This Mexican chipotle pork dish uses just a few ingredients and has a simple, easy to follow method.
Total time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
- 300g essential Waitrose Easy Cook Long Grain Rice
- 1 pack essential Waitrose British Pork Fillet, trimmed and diced
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp oil
- 395g can essential Waitrose Red Kidney Beans in Chilli Sauce
- 150g frozen essential Waitrose Supersweet Sweetcorn
- 1 small essential Waitrose Avocado, diced
- Cook the rice in boiling water for 12-15 minutes until tender then drain.
- Place the pork in a bowl and mix in the chipotle paste and cumin. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the pork for 6-7 minutes until browned.
- Add the kidney beans and sauce, sweetcorn and 100ml water and cook for 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
- Stir with the rice and serve with the avocado.
Courtesy of Waitrose - find more meals in minutes at Waitrose.com