This is a fabulously, easy recipe for anyone wanting to try out an alternative if you have one or all of these food intolerances. No waste on taste so perfect for everyone.
- 2 fresh duck legs (organic, free range chicken breasts can be used instead)
- 200g of diced fresh mixed vegetables (a frozen mix can be used if you are in a hurry but fresh is best)
- 70g packet of dried crispy seaweed
- 300g packet of fresh rice noodles
- 75ml Soy Sauce (one to try)
- salt & pepper
- Rub olive oil, salt and pepper into the duck skin then cook on a medium heat (gas mark 5) in the oven for approx. 1 hour until thouroughly cooked through to the bone.
- Once cooled remove all the duck meat from the bones. (The duck can be cooked in advance ready for using later.)
- Heat the oven ready for the seaweed.
- Heat some oil in a deep frying pan and add the duck and vegetables.
- Stir fry on a high heat for five minutes before adding the rice noodles, then reduce to a medium heat while you prepare the seaweed.
- Pop the seaweed in an oven proof dish and into the oven for 2 minutes to heat and crisp.
- Stir the soy sauce into the duck mixture and cook on a medium heat for a further 2 minutes. (More or less soy sauce can be used depending on your preference).
- Remove the pan from the heat and fold in the crispy seaweed.
- Serve and enjoy.