Jo Banks has been out and about in Kent, discovering some of the fabulous local producers that the 'Garden of England' has to offer - and this week Jo visited Pure Kent.
"The Eckley family are somewhat of a specialist in oilseed rape and have been farming in Kent for over 60 years. They select the best rapeseed crop to produce their Pure Kent Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil.
With its bright yellow colour the rapeseed oil has a light, delicate and nutty flavour and can be used instead of butter and other fats in a host of recipes."
- 225g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 60g mixed seeds
- 75g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 50ml Pure Kent rapeseed oil
- 125ml semi-skimmed milk
- Preheat the oven to 220C, gas mark 7.
- Place the flour, baking powder, cheese and 50g of the seeds (retain 10g for later) into a bowl.
- Slowly mix in the oil and then the milk to form a dough.
- Divide the dough in to 8 pieces (roughly the same size) and roll each piece in to a ball.
- Place one of the balls in the centre of a greased baking tray and arrange the others around it, pressing them gently together so that they are all touching.
- Brush the top of the dough balls with milk and sprinkle the remaining 10g of seed over the top.
- Bake in the oven for between 10-12 minutes - until golden in colour.
For more information visit Pure Kent