Trout with Creamy Watercress Sauce & Roasted Root Veg Salad
The root veg and trout are all roasted together in the oven saving time and washing up. The creamy mustard and watercress sauce compliments the sweetness of the roasted veg beautifully.
Per serving: 525 calories, 25.1g fat, 6.4g saturates, 0.7g salt. Counts as 3 of your 5-a-day and contains around 1/3 of the RDA for iron, over ½ of the RDA for folic acid, and around 2/3 of the RDA for vitamin C
Prep: 15 mins Cooking: 35mins Serves 1
- 1 trout fillet about 150-175g in weight
- a little rapeseed oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 beetroot, peeled
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 125g new potatoes
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp half fat creme fraiche
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- 50g watercress
- Preheat the oven to 200oC (Fan 180oC) 400oF/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the beetroot in half then cut each half into 4 wedges.
- Slice the carrots into fat batons.
- Place in a small oven tray with the whole new potatoes, add a drizzle of oil and plenty of ground black pepper and a little salt.
- Roast in the oven for 25mins or until just tender, stirring half way through cooking.
- Place the trout fillet skin side down on a board, drizzle with a little oil, a squeeze of lemon and seasoning.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven, lay the trout on top, then return to the oven for a further 10 mins.
- To make the sauce, finely chop half the watercress and mix with the creme fraiche, mustard and lemon, then season to taste.
- Use a fish slice to lay the trout on a serving plate, toss the remaining watercress into the roasted veg, stirring to coat in the juices.
- Heap onto the plate with the fish and serve with the watercress sauce spooned over.