Calculate daily calorie; how to do it at home? Calorie counting is a step towards rapid weight loss. Every day a person spends between 1500-2200 kcal. Energy use and consumption are based on age, height, weight, and physical activity. We describe in this article how to calculate daily calorie intake.
- Calories per day
- Calorie counting in foods
- Calorie content of prepared dishes
- Calories for weight loss
- Calorie counter
- Calorizer for Android
- Calorie calculators
- For Android
- For iPhone
The calorie rate is the energy value of food that the body needs for complete adaptation. Determining the caloric content of food, that is, the energy value is done by burning food in a calorimeter to measure the heat released. Calorie consumption increases with exercise. Reducing your daily caloric intake with exercise is considered the gentlest method for rapid and effective weight loss.
Calculate daily calorie
Calorie pacing is individual for everyone. The calculation is not based on weight, height, or age criteria. There are many tables on the web, but they are not suitable for everyone. The daily dose is determined individually, based on personal data and everyday lifestyle. Tables and formulas are used for this.
First, you must understand what happens to calories when food enters your body. Foods are involved in metabolism; that is, they enter the metabolism. It is a so-called chemical reaction activated when food enters the body and does not stop until it is separated from processed products. There are three popular formulas for calculating calorie intake:
- The Harris-Benedict principle … was introduced to the public again in 1919. Calculation for women is done according to the following system: 655.1 + 9.563 x body weight + 185 x height in cm + 4.676 x age (full years). For men: 66.5 + 13.75 x body weight + 5,003 x height in cm – 6,775 x age (full years). In the first and second options, the result obtained is multiplied by the factor for movement, presented below.
- Mifflin-San Geor system … Improved to reflect the modern rhythms of life and eliminate the 5% error inherent in the Harris-Benedict evolution. The formula is as follows for women: 10 x body weight – 6, 25 x height in cm – 5 x for whole years – 161. For men: 10 x body weight in kg + 6, 25 x height in cm – 5 x number of whole years + 5 .The results are multiplied by the activity factor.
- The Ketch-McArdle Formula … Based on research into the effect of body weight gradient on caloric intake. The calculation follows P = 370 + (21.6 x LBM), where the Latin abbreviation stands for Lean Body Weight.
- Minimal movement or lack thereof – 1, 2;
- Exercise, jogging, or exercise 3 times a week – 1,375;
- 5-day light sports program – 1, 4625;
- Advanced exercises 5 times a week – 1,550;
- Daily load – 1, 6375;
- Daily strengthening exercises in several methods – 1, 725;
- The ratio of an active lifestyle, physical work, and daily sports training are 1.9.
Calculate daily calorie in food
Learn to eat healthy and balanced, and count calories. This can be done manually using tables or with unique calculators. Food energy tablets will help you in your daily diet. The calorie content of food depends on the total protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
Consider the number of the most useful and least calorie foods per 100 g:
- Meat products and eggs within 200 calories: eggs, beef, brains, liver, rabbit and chicken, chicken and turkey, liver and kidney, veal and pheasant, chicken and beef tongue. Calorie content depends on the heat treatment method. Avoid fried foods: calorie content increases, benefits decrease, and metabolism becomes more difficult.
- Fish and seafood between 150 kcal / 100 g: beluga, pink salmon, pollock roe, boiled squid, flounder, fish balls, boiled mullet, bream, smoked and cooked cod, boiled crab, shrimps, fry, mussels, sturgeon, catfish, hook, oysters, hooks, hook.
- Dairy products with an energy value of up to 300 calories: kefir, milk, yogurt, cream, sour cream, goat cheese, and cottage cheese. It should note that dairy products in a reasonable proportion contribute to improving the metabolic process in general.
- Cereals and flour products with a minimum energy value of up to 300 units: pancakes, bagels, dumplings, buckwheat porridge and oatmeal, dietary fiber, pasta from durum wheat and whole wheat, oatmeal, bran, barley in water, buns with ground beef, boiled unpolished rice, and milk porridge, ” Borodinsky” and cornbread, rye bread, barley milk porridge.
- Limit your intake of light raisins, potato chips, chips, olives, white beans, and dates. Among the drinks, it is not recommended to use alcohol with increased strength – cognac, liqueur, and vodka.
Plan your weekly or monthly meal plan. Here is an example of a menu for 5 days:
- The first day … Breakfast: cottage cheese 2% (80 g / 82.4 kcal), natural yogurt (100 g / 66 kcal), rye bread with butter (80 g / 132 kcal + 20 g / 149 kcal). Lunch: borscht with beef (250 g / 157.5 kcal), mashed potatoes (150 g / 159 kcal) and chicken breast (90 g / 129 kcal), Mimosa salad (120 g / 254.4 kcal), juice tomato (200 ml / 42 kcal), Borodinsky bread (20 g / 41.6 kcal). Total: 1212.9 kcal / day.
- Second day … For breakfast: porridge (100 g / 111, 5 kcal) and apple (100 g / 45, 5 kcal). Lunch: vegetable soup (200 g / 160 kcal), barley porridge (150 g / 146, 6 kcal) with beef liver fried in sauce (70 g / 122 kcal), cereal bread (30 g / 69, 9 kcal), green tea … Dinner: rice porridge (150 g / 194 kcal) and bagels (30 g / 100, 8 kcal). Total: 793 kcal / day.
- Third day … Breakfast: yogurt 3, 2% fat (100 g / 64 kcal), boiled egg (80 g / 127, 7 kcal), almond baked goods (80 g / 345 kcal). Lunch: bean soup (250 g / 165 kcal), pilaf with chicken (150 g / 162 kcal), cabbage salad with cucumbers (100 g / 49 kcal), rye bread (30 g / 49.5 kcal), cherry compote (150 g / 148 .5 kcal). Dinner: okroshka on kefir (130 g / 61.1 kcal), croutons with raisins (20 g / 79 kcal). Total: 1059, 1 kcal.
- On the fourth day … Breakfast: muesli with nuts and fruit (45 g / 163, 35 kcal), black coffee (100 g / 2 kcal). Lunch: soup with meatballs (200 g / 98 kcal), rice (100 g / 344 kcal) and fish oil with sauce (80 g / 100 kcal), carrot salad with garlic (50 g / 118 kcal), rye bread (30 g / 49 .5 kcal), dried fruit pulp (150 g / 90 kcal). Dinner: pumpkin puree (100 g / 88 kcal), oat cakes (20 g / 87.4 kcal), kefir 1% (100 g / 40 kcal). Total: 1180, 25 kcal.
- On the fifth day … Breakfast: carrot juice (100 g / 28 kcal), fruit salad (150 g / 69 kcal), and white bread soup (25 g / 82, 75 kcal). Lunch: light fish soup (150 g / 34.5 kcal), buckwheat porridge (150 g / 198 kcal) with mushroom sauce (40 g / 32.8 kcal) and meatballs (80 g / 137.6 kcal), wheat bread (30 g / 72.6 kcal)), rhubarb pulp (150 g / 39 kcal). Dinner: cottage cheese (100 g / 168 kcal) and green tea. Total: 862, 25 kcal.
Always count calories and record the result. Simultaneously monitor the change in body weight and volume. Gradually this will become a habit; then, you will choose and consume the food that will benefit you and not add extra pounds.
How many calories do you need to lose weight, and why do you need to calculate daily calories?
The fee is calculated separately. On average, the indicator fluctuates between 1500-2200 kcal/day. If the goal is to lose weight, then the daily norm of the energy value of food must be lowered and follow the plan until the extra kilos disappear. Then you need to follow a balanced diet and follow a new diet.
Here are some examples and compare the formula calculation with the calorie calculator results:
- Woman 30 years old, height – 165 cm, weight – 75 kg. Lack of regular exercise. To lose weight, you must get up to 1411 kcal/day, 1764 kcal unchanged – the calculator’s result. We count according to the Mifflin -San Geor formula: 10 x 75 kg + 6, 25 x 165 cm – 5 x 30 years = 750 + 1031, 25 – 150 = 1631 x 1.2 (factor) = 1957, 5 kcal / daily rate.
- Girl – 17 years old, height – 160 cm, weight – 66 kg. Occasional sports activities. Calculator result: for weight loss – 1172 kcal / day, unchanged – 1944 kcal / day. We count with the Harris-Benedict formula: 655, 1 + 9, 563 x 66 + 1, 85 x 160 – 4, 676 x 17 = 655, 1 + 631, 158 + 296 – 79, 492 = 1502, 766 x 1, 375 = 2066, 3 kcal / day is the norm.
As you can see in the examples, the result is slightly different. You can choose the most convenient calculation method but are biased towards lowering your daily calorie intake.
Calculate daily calorie for ready meals
A calorie counter is an automatic or regular system for calculating the energy value of individual foods or combinations of foods. Used for the correct distribution of nutrients within the prescribed daily rate or to monitor the balance of intake and consumption.
The calorie counter can be maintained independently using an online service, app, or mobile app. Mobile apps are convenient for keeping a food diary. Also, as an option – preserve records in an Excel spreadsheet. Measure your weight and body strength weekly, and record and analyze the result.
If you like the novelty of progress, it makes more sense to buy a wrist calorie counter in the form of a bracelet or buy a jump rope with electronic functionality. The sports bracelets have a complete interface that allows you to monitor and analyze your active lifestyle. To control and read data, the bracelet is connected to a smartphone.
Let us consider in detail the functions and benefits of such bracelets:
- Pedometer … The device not only counts the steps but also determines the minimum for you.
- Activity analysis … By opening the application, you will find the exact number of steps taken for the current period. When you attend workouts, don’t forget to include them in your schedule – this will allow you to track the calories burned and lose weight.
- Calorie counter … This is perhaps the highlight of the interface. You can select foods from a list, scan a barcode, and enter the portion you eat. The program will determine how many more calories you can consume.
- Lift action … Won’t keep you sitting up for long. It is enough to program the device and set the period (for example, 10.00 – 20.00, interval – 1 hour) and how the bracelet vibrates, reminding you that it is time to get up and move.
- Sleep analyzer … It will allow you to determine its quality and see a graph with all phases and times of awakening.
- Advisor … Be prepared for the program to give advice several times a day. It is worth noting that they are not at all useless and are based on the analysis of your body’s vital functions and physical form. For example, suppose the quality of your sleep does not reach the 25% norm. In that case, you will receive a notification recommending that you need to breathe alternately with different nostrils before going to sleep, as yogis do.
It should note right away that the functionality of the bracelet can only be used if there is a particular application on the smartphone that can download for free.
Calorizer product for Android
Calorizer is a calculator-analyzer for the energy value of products. Provides a report of calories, fat, protein, and carbohydrates in a food or prepared meal. If you have Android, install a free app from Google Play. The software add-on contains a table of foods calculating energy value per 100 g. This program will help you think about your diet for each day. It works offline; that is, it does not require an internet connection. All you have to do is download the program and download the product database.
Advantages of the Calorizator app from Google Play:
- Each viewed theme content is saved in the history.
- Important information can be marked by clicking on the star icon.
- Favorites and pasts can be edited, moved, or deleted.
- Use the design settings to change the themes and the graphical representation of the interface, font, and color.
- The “article of the day” widget randomly displays content from the database previously loaded into memory on the screen.
It is worth noting that this app also contains promotional content.
Weight Loss calculates daily calories.
Calorie calculator for computers or phone helps to control metabolism and gradually reduce weight. The primary function of such a program is the calculation of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates and the analysis of total energy value. Smartphone applications have more functions: product barcode scanning, weight control image, food chart, body mass index, etc.
Calculate daily calorie for Android
Here is a quick roundup of the best Android apps.
- The most advanced food database with 3 million items;
- Convenient interface with a program to memorize your favorite dishes and food cycle;
- Synchronous work with the site allows you to keep a diary both from your phone and your computer;
- About 400 exercises, strength and cardio statistics, the ability to create the author’s fitness equipment;
- Ability to connect with friends;
- Dynamics reports, goal setting, support for another language, and measurement tables.
- Barcode scanner and manual entry;
- Food diary;
- Exercise diary;
- Progress Record;
- Food calendar.
Lose weight without dieting:
- Tables for consumption of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins and comparison with the norm;
- Water use accounting;
- Nutrition and exercise plan;
- Protection against accidental deletion by storing data on the server;
- Body control (chest, waist, hips, arms, legs);
- The ability to choose weight loss and adjust the plan.
Calculate daily calorie for iPhone
An overview of the best calculators for iPhone is presented below.
- Essential audio videos in HD quality on exercises for men and women;
- 100 ready-made braids from fitness experts;
- Product database for 300,000 items;
- Program of intake of vitamins and minerals;
- BMI calculator.
- Recommendations from Mifflin-Geor;
- Independent operation of the interface without connecting to the Internet;
- Goal setting (weight, volume);
- The expanded base of the glycemic index of foods;
- A quick search for products by first letters and in real-time.
The highest energy value is found in fatty foods. French fries and chips do not go out of balance – this food is harmful to health. Figs and butter are also high in calories, but these foods are very healthy in moderation. Eat 4-5 times daily, including foods from different categories: grains, fruits, vegetables, dairy products, meat and poultry, seafood, and fish. Breakfast should be energetically valuable – it sets the start of the day, lunch should be complete, including the first and second courses, and dinner should be light.