Turkey is the most common dish in the United States. This bird is prevalent at everyone’s favourite Thanksgiving feast. Before the festival, all Americans hide on carcasses, stuff them with their recipes and serve it for dinner on a large silver tray. Sandwiches with slices of smoked poultry fillets are also famous in America and throughout Europe. We describe in these articles the benefits of turkey fillets and recipes for how you cook delicious turkey fillets in your home.
In our area, turkeys are usually simmered over a log fire. At the same time, they do not realize that all the qualities of noble and healthy meat are destroyed.
The best part of the carcass for cooking is the fillet. Suppose you know a few secrets and follow the technology during cooking. In that case, turkey meat will taste not unique but also healthy.
Benefits and Harms of Turkey Fillets
Turkey is considered a diet. It loads with many vitamins, trace elements, and minerals. All the features it contains are essential for the body’s normal functioning.
Doctors also recommend using turkey fillets in your daily diet. The combination of vitamins A and especially the B group, daily amount of vitamin PP, a variety of amino acids, selenium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and zinc, helps strengthen the immune system, increase endurance and provide the person with the necessary energy. It is also essential that such meat has a good sodium content. Therefore, you can cook it with little or no salt.
The benefits of eating turkey fillets outweigh the harm they cause. However, there are some side effects.
The product contains significant amounts of tryptophan. On the one hand, it strengthens the nervous system, but on the other hand, it causes drowsiness and confusion.
Because turkey contains high protein levels, it contraindicates in people with kidney failure and gout.
It is not advisable to buy such meat as semi-finished products. As a rule, they are treated with harmful substances to extend their shelf life.
Calorie Turkey Fillets
Turkey fillets use in recipes for proper and healthy nutrition. As it is considered low in calories, such dishes almost always lack fat and are easily absorbed by the body. The only harmful part of the bird is the skin; if removed from the fillet, the caloric content of 100 g of white meat will be less than 120 kcal.
The calorie content of the dish also depends on the cooking method:
- Cook – 200 kcal;
- Frying – 280 kcal;
- Baking – 120 kcal;
- Stewing – 150 kcal.
Turkey breast – low fat: 100 g of the product contains only 1 g of fat. But it is quite rich in protein – from 19.5 to 21 g. It is much more than pork and even beef.
Rules and Techniques for Cooking Turkey Fillets
- One of the most important aspects of Turkey’s cooking technology is timing. As with all raw meats, harmful microorganisms can be found here, including different types of E. coli. Therefore, it must lead to readiness. Regardless of the methods and procedures, the breast preparation is 30-35 minutes.
- It is worth remembering that the turkey fillets are pretty tender meat. Therefore, if you want to bake or fry it, you need to control the process and the temperature from start to finish.
- You should know that white turkey meat has an almost neutral taste. Thanks to this, it goes well with other products.
- There are no general rules for preparing fillets. It all depends on the methods and recipes for cooking. The main thing is that the meat is fresh and contains no preservatives.
Dishes with Turkey Fillets for a Quick Hand
Turkish fillet is meat that cooks quickly. Thanks to this, there are many recipes with turkey breast, and the cooking time is not more than half an hour.
Juicy Turkey Fillets
- 0.5 kg turkey fillet;
- 100 g of all hard cheeses;
- Three pcs. Chicken eggs;
- 50 g flour;
- 50 g of vegetable oil;
- Salt pepper.
- The turkey fillet should be washed and cut into 1-1.5 cm thick slices. Then marinate it in salt and pepper. Wrap each piece in plastic wrap and beat it with a hammer. While the bread is ready, put the meat in the fridge.
- Must beat down eggs with a whisk and cheese grater on a fine grater. Mix everything, pepper, and salt a little.
- Place the pan on low heat, add oil and shape the chops. Dip the egg mixture first, then in the flour, and again in the egg bread. Fry on each side until golden brown.
- Then place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for no more than 15 minutes.
In addition to being very dedicated, turkey is also delicious. Therefore, it’s used in a diet and many festive dishes.
Baked Turkey Fillet with Sweet Notes
- 1.5 kg turkey fillet;
- 150 g soy sauce;
- 100 g of liquid honey;
- Two pcs. oranges;
- Four items. apples;
- One teaspoon black pepper;
- Some granular garlic;
- 50 g butter.
You must pick a large fillet, wash it and wipe it with a dry napkin. Then shred with garlic and pepper and marinate in the fridge for 6-8 hours.
Remove the core from the apples, and cut them and the oranges into thin slices.
Then grease a baking tray with foil, and place the marinated fillet and the fruit around it. Pour everything with soy sauce and honey.
Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 40 minutes. Then cover everything with foil and let rest for another 20 minutes.
Cut the meat into slices just before serving. Then it will be as juicy as possible.
French Turkey Meat
- 500g flakes;
- Two pcs. tomato;
- 200 g brined Georgian cheese;
- Pepper, a pinch of salt, and other spices to taste.
The fillets should be divided into 2 cm thick plates. Wrap them in foil and beat them off, so they thin a little. Rub each bite with spices and salt a little.
Wash tomatoes and cut them into slices, in thin to brined Georgian cheese.
Place the minced meat on a baking sheet, tomatoes on top, and then cheese.
Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 180-200 degrees.
Turkey Fillet in a Pan
In a frying pan, you can cook many exciting and not quite ordinary recipes from turkey fillets that can surprise even experienced gourmets.
Turkey Flake slice of meat
- Six pcs. turkey breast slices;
- Six pcs. ham slices;
- 1 PC bogie.;
- 30 ml olive oil;
- One stem of sage;
- 200 g spinach;
- salt, spices to taste;
- 300 ml of water.
It is necessary to beat pieces of fillets and put a slice of ham and a sage leaf on each. Turn into rolls and prick with toothpicks. Add salt and sprinkle with spices.
Chop the onion and fry in a saucepan in oil. Add spinach, water, salt, and spices when golden brown, and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
Fry the rotated fillet pieces in a grill pan for 5 minutes on each side.
Put onion and spinach sauce on a plate and fry the schnitzels on top. Top with balsamic vinegar or other hot spices.
Tender Turkey Fillet with Sour Cream
- 1 kg turkey fillet;
- 4 tbsp. l. sour cream;
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce;
- 1 PC. per;
- Three garlic cloves;
- 2 tbsp. olive oil;
- Cut the fillet into small strips and place it in a hot pan with butter. Fry until golden brown, then add finely chopped onion and garlic to the meat. Simmer for a few more minutes.
- When the onion is soft, season with spices, and pour sour cream and soy sauce. Let simmer for about 10 minutes so that the sour cream thickens slightly.
- Grind the closed dish with chopped herbs.
Recipes for Cooking Turkey Fillets in a Slow Cooker
Cooking turkey meat in a slow cooker gives such dishes a soft and delicate taste.
Classic Turkey and Potato Fire
- 1 kg turkey fillet;
- Six pcs. Potatoes;
- 200 ml of chicken broth;
- salt, pepper, bay leaf;
- 50 g butter.
- Wash fillets and cut them into slices.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into circles.
- Toss butter on the bottom of the stove, then salt and pepper meat, bay leaves, potatoes, back spices, and herbs.
- Then pour everything with broth and simmer for 2 hours.
Juicy Turkey with Apples
- 800 g flakes;
- Four items. apples;
- Two pcs. Luke;
- Four garlic cloves;
- 2 tbsp. Sahara;
- 50 ml of vegetable oil;
- salt, bay leaf, pepper;
- soy sauce 5 tbsp. l.
- First, you need to cut the turkey breast into pieces and pour it with soy sauce, 1 tbsp. Olive oil and sprinkle with spices and sugar.
- Then chop the onion and garlic, and add them to the meat. Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Peel a squash, grate it and slice the apples.
- Pour the rest of the oil into a slow cooker, and add the apples and fillets with the marinade. Cook for 2 hours in baking mode.
Tips for Selecting and Storing Turkey Fillets
For a turkey recipe to be tasty and healthy, you need to be able to choose high-quality meat and store it correctly. There are some simple tips to follow to make your turkey fillet great.
The juiciest dishes come from fresh meat. You can define it by colour. It should have a soft red colour. You can also put pressure on the wreck. If the wait improves quickly, take it without thinking. The surface should be almost odourless and not slimy.
If you touch the chest to the bone, it should hold well and not fall off. The skin of fresh turkey is a little creamy but not grey or mottled.
Fresh meat can be stored chilled for no more than two days. It is also not advisable to freeze it, as it will lose many functional trace elements.
Turkish fillets are standard because they have a delicate taste and remain juicy when cooked correctly. You can replace turkey meat or add something else, but not only spoil it but on the contrary – to emphasize the taste.
We must not forget the valuable properties of turkey fillets. It is considered not only a diet but also an allergy. Therefore, it’s used to prepare meals for young children and people with allergies.
It is worth remembering that turkey fillets contain a minimum amount of cholesterol but are a leader in protein content. Thanks to this, even diets prepared with such meat are very satisfying. The main thing is that you can buy turkey in any supermarket at an affordable price.