Soup is an integral part of our diet. This is an especially important first course for those on a diet. During the diet, your doctor recommends reducing the number of high-calorie meals, but soup cannot be excluded from the menu. Today I only have a variety of soups for my diet. First, we substitute fatty meat for duck breast, exclude potatoes from the recipe, and add only carbohydrate-free vegetables (I have these green beans). Such a light and tasty soup will be a favorite for many for the taste and easy preparation.
Despite the fact that the recipe uses only 2 ingredients (duck and beans), in the end, the soup is obtained with a pleasant and very unusual taste. Supporters of a healthy diet will surely like the recipe as well. It’s easy to digest, so if you need to cook soup for people with stomach ailments, follow this recipe. In addition, bean soup is a great opportunity to saturate the body with iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and chromium. Young beans contain many proteins that contain many essential amino acids. In addition, asparagus contains a lot of folic acids, vitamin C, and groups B and A. The latter is absorbed along with fat.
Step-by-step recipe with a picture of making a carbohydrate-free soup with duck broth with green beans 2 ingredients recipe at home. Features and finesse recipe of the first course.
- Caloric content per 100 g – 152 kcal.
- Dosage – 5
- Cooking time – 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Duck breast and back – 1 pc.
- Herbs – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Spices and seasonings to taste
- Green beans – 400 g
- Ground black pepper – 0.5 tsp. or to taste
Step-by-step preparation of duck soup with green beans
- Divide the duck breast and back to get small portions of the same size. To cut, I recommend not using an ax, otherwise, you will get a sharp cut on the bone edges. Then you need to spend time disassembling the bones. It is better to cut the bird with kitchen scissors; they will cut bones perfectly, without further effort. Then, with a sharp knife, cut off any fat deposits, including and under the skin. Although the fat is removed at will, if the goal is to create a rich broth, then the fat can be retained. The reduced-fat can be saved for future use and frozen for future use. But when the carcass is cut into dosed pieces, it is recommended to leave the skin. But this is also optional.
- You can cook the chopped duck right away or leave it for later. If you leave it, wash the cut pieces with running water, wipe with a paper towel, and put them in the fridge. In our case, we will cook it immediately; hen put the washed chicken pieces in the cooking pot. I have a 2.5-liter pot, if you cook more soup, you increase the number of ingredients.
- Fill the duck by drinking cold water and place the pot on the stove. Turn on high heat and wait for the water to boil. After welding, dark foam appears on the surface which can be removed with a grater.
- Cover the pot with a lid, simmer and boil for 1-1.5 hours.
- If desired, you can add various spices, roots, and spices to the pan to make the broth more fragrant. For example, onions, carrots, garlic, dill, black peppercorns, bay leaves, curry, and red peppers. The spice that is added will add flavor and flavor to the soup.
- While the broth is cooking, prepare the asparagus. I have green bellows, but both yellow and purple will do. Wash it with cold water, cut the ends on both sides, and cut the bellows into 2-3 pieces 2-3 cm long. 10 minutes before the broth is ready, add the green beans, salt, and pepper, and add to the vegetable seasoning. After boiling, continue to cook the soup for a maximum of 7 minutes and turn off the heat. If any vegetables and roots have been added to the broth, remove them before adding the beans. The asparagus should be soft but still slightly crispy.
- I do not use frying in the recipe, because the goal is to get a low-calorie diet. You can also add vegetable frying (onions and carrots), which are previously fried in a pan in vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Green beans can be used not only fresh but also frozen. You do not need to thaw it beforehand, because it quickly returns to normal in hot broth and becomes a little jumpy. Frozen fruits are easy to use in winter when fresh green beans are not available.
- Adjust the thickness of the soup to your taste. If there is not enough stock, add water to the pot. While it is better not to add liquid during cooking, take it as soon as you need it. But if necessary, pour in only hot water or broth. To make the soup tastier, you can pour in 100-150 ml of vegetable juice, for example, tomato or pumpkin juice.
- This soup recipe is carbohydrate-free so there are no potatoes here. If you want to add it to the soup, add it first. Cook for 10 minutes, and then add the asparagus beans. The first dish with potatoes will be more enjoyable. You can also add any pasta for this purpose. Add them to the frozen vegetable mixture.
- Pour the hot, carbohydrate-free broth soup with green beans into bowls and serve with a spoonful of sour cream and garnish with freshly chopped herbs such as parsley, dill, coriander, and basil. There will also be an original portion of the soup if you put poached eggs and breadcrumbs or biscuits on each plate. Or sprinkle grated parmesan over, it will add sophistication.