Multicooker; How to choose? Tips on selecting a multicooker are the main parameters to consider when buying. How to take care of the device.
How to choose the right multicooker: basic parameters
- 1. Multicooker is produced in a wide range and comes in many different models. Redmond, Panasonic, Polaris, Philips, Daewoo, Moulinex, Skarlett, SUPRA, Vitesse, and Telefunken are the most popular manufacturers. It is preferable which brand cannot be said.
- 2. If you take an average multicooker, its weight will be close to 3 kg. As you can see, the device is compact despite its high functionality.
- 3. The most common is the non-stick coating of the inner case. Some models are distinguished by marble dust in several layers. Both are durable and, comfortable, easy to clean.
- 4. Outer casing is usually made of metal or plastic. The latter heats up less, but the metal (and this, as a rule, stainless steel) has increased properties of strength and quality. So when choosing a device, it is preferable. 5. The functionality of the multicooker plays a vital role when choosing. Its greater functionality makes it possible to save time for the host and simplify kitchen work: Soaking preliminary. Before preparing a dish, you can leave ingredients that require soaking in the multicooker;
- Delayed onset. This function allows setting the time when the multicooker should start cooking food. So the intelligent machine will handle the preparation of breakfast on its own; you have to put the food and set the timer;
- Release of steam. To ensure the safety of the multicooker, the pressure inside the device must be constant. It is what the steam release function is for;
> Automatic heating. The finished dish will automatically be kept warm if the multicooker is in operation.
Usually, the multicooker has 6 working modes:
- Pilaf. It is used to cook rice dishes (pilaf), as well as to make pasta;
- Buckwheat. It is used for the production of all kinds of cereals and side dishes, where all available liquid evaporates;
- Turn off. The products are processed in their juice. A particular perfume and delicate taste characterize meat and fish dishes. Can cook other words this way;
- Milk porridge In this mode, liquid milk soups or cereals are prepared in water;
- Bakery. Multicooker can also fry and bake. Because of the high heat, you get a crispy crust;
Steaming Cooking steamed dishes allows you to preserve many valuable substances in products. That’s why we have healthy and wholesome foods that help you lose weight.
- All products have an electronic type of control; only some are equipped with physical buttons, while others are touch sensitive. The choice is yours, although it is better to choose the senses, as the physical ones can get clogged. It won’t be easy to wash them (grease and other food between the button and the body).
- The power of a multicooker is, on average, 600-800 W; more powerful ones have 900-1200 W. It will take less time to cook food if the device’s power is higher, but the electricity consumption will also increase. The best control is 670 watts.
- The bowl’s capacity plays an equally important role when choosing a device. The bowl can hold from 2.5 liters to 6 or more. The most common are multicookers with a bowl of 3-4, 5 liters. The choice depends on the amount of food to be prepared. If the family is small – 2 people, you can get by with a volume of 2.5–3 liters. Suppose there are many family members and frequent guests in your house. In that case, you need a multicooker with a 4-5 liter bowl (for 3-4 people in the family, it will be enough).
- And yet the advantage is on the side of a multicooker with a large volume in a bowl. After all, in it, you will cook for one person and a big dinner for the festive table for the family. And with less, there will be hassles when using additional containers.
- The coating on the bowl is of two types: Teflon and ceramic, one is more expensive, but it is also of better quality; it will last much longer.
- Price is one of the most critical factors affecting the question: “How to choose a multicooker.” After all, as a rule, the family budget determines the extent of the possible purchase of the device. Of course, what is more, expensive is not always better. Still, nevertheless, it should be better quality than its cheap counterparts and more practical.
The price of a multicooker is between 100$ and 120$, and there are more expensive models for 200$ and 250$.
Before choosing a device, first, determine the primary selection parameters in descending order:
- The bowl’s volume
- The required functionality and mode of operation
- The power of the multicooker
- The material of the device itself
- The bowl
Based on these criteria, select a few manufacturers and then form your desire based on the cost of cooking appliances.
A large family does not need special care. But it is advisable to follow some recommendations:
- Do not wash the device in a dishwasher or under running water. Since the device is electrical, it can be damaged. The best way is to clean the multicooker bowl with a damp microfiber cloth;
- Your intelligent kitchen aid is equipped with a condensate trap to collect moisture. If necessary, drain the water collector and clean the steam valve regularly.
Cooking food, especially for a large family, takes a lot of time and effort, given that today most women are not only employed in the kitchen but also offices and production. Therefore, if reliable, correct technology appears at home. Such a choice will save time for communication with children, rest, and other pleasant and helpful things.
Interestingly, the principle which invented the modern multicooker works in the 17th century. French mathematician, physicist, and inventor Denis Papin designed a pressure cooker that extracted sugar by heat treatment. And the modern electric multicooker came to us from the East; its prototype is a pressure cooker for rice.