Energy drinks; what are the benefits? Find out which banned ingredients are used in energy drinks and why you need to eliminate these foods from your diet. Energizers are the latest human invention, although their components have been used for centuries to increase alertness. It may seem that these drinks are an excellent choice for people who need to keep their spirits and bodies up, such as students during a meeting or drivers. But in practice, everything is not so simple, and today we will talk about what harm the body can have from stored energy drinks.
One must admit that the great advantage of popularity by engineers lies in advertising. Energy drink manufacturers assure us that their products are entirely safe. Now we will try to find out if this is the case or if the damage to the engineers in the store is possible.
Table of Contents
How energy drinks work
To determine what damage engineers in storage can cause, you need to understand their procedures. All energy sources can strengthen the body due to the presence of caffeine and glucose in the composition. To make the drink work faster, it is carbonated. In addition to stocking energy drinks, there are special drinks for athletes.
Note that the formulations of these products are pretty different. In sports energy drinks, one of the main ingredients is inosine. In addition, they contain vitamins. After drinking a can of glass, you can feel the first effects in about ten minutes. The duration of Power Engineers is about four hours. After the energy drink stops working, the person begins to feel tired.
Composition of energy drinks
Let’s study the composition of these drinks because already at this stage, it can be assumed what damage storage energy drinks can cause to the body.
- Caffeine. This stimulant is found in all energy drinks without exception. Consumption of 0.1 grams of caffeine leads to increased brain activity, and 238 grams of caffeine can increase the endurance of the heart muscle. However, you must consume at least three cans of the drink, and the manufacturers recommend taking no more than two cans.
- Taurine. The average amount of taurine in energy drinks ranges from 0.4 to 1 gram. It is an amine that can accumulate in muscle tissue. Scientists suggest that the substance positively affects the functioning of the cardiovascular system. Recently, however, more and more doctors say that taurine does not significantly affect the body.
- Carnitine. This substance belongs to the vitamin-like group and can be produced by the body. The main task of carnitine is the delivery of fatty acids released from adipose tissue to mitochondria. In these cells, the oxidation process of fatty acids takes place, which is accompanied by the release of specific energy. Carnitine is quite popular in sports and is used for weight loss.
- Ginseng and Guarana. These are medicinal herbs that, among other things, have a tonic effect. Guarana leaves are used in traditional medicine to cleanse the liver, accelerate the elimination of lactate (a metabolite of energy processes) from muscle tissue, slow the development of atherosclerosis, etc. However, it should note that not all properties attributed to these plants have been confirmed in scientific research.
- B vitamins are necessary for the normal functioning of the nervous system and the brain. You will quickly feel the lack of these nutrients. Still, intellectual property production will not increase with average concentration. However, energy producers claim the opposite.
- Melatonin. The substance is synthesized in the body and is designed to regulate daily biographies.
- Mateen. It is one of the main ingredients in mate tea, which is very popular in South America. The leaf extract is used for weight loss.
Benefits of energy drinks
We will talk about the dangers of storing energy drinks below. Still, for now, it is worth finding out if these drinks have beneficial properties:
- Energy drinks can be a great option to boost your brain function or strengthen it.
- Now on sale, you can find several types of energy drinks, and you can choose a drink according to the tasks. Some products contain more caffeine, while others have focused on carbohydrates with vitamins. It is evident that caffeine energy is necessary to increase alertness, and athletes should use the second type.
- Most energy drinks contain glucose and vitamins. It is not worth talking about the second group of substances because everything is known about the benefits of vitamins. Glucose, on the other hand, is the primary source of energy. Suffice it to say that the brain uses glucose exclusively for energy.
- If you can feel a robust cup for an hour or a little longer, energy people work from three to four hours. Also, we have already noted that power engineers come into use quickly, as they are carburized during production. It is another advantage of the energy drink over coffee.
- Thanks to the convenient packaging, energy drinks can be taken with you and used in any situation, for example, on the road or in a nightclub. With coffee or tea, this is somewhat more difficult.
What is the harm to engineers in shops?
And now, let’s answer the central question of today’s article, what harm can an energy source bought in the body cause to the body?
- It is necessary to monitor the dosage and consume no more than two jars a day. Otherwise, blood pressure and sugar levels can increase significantly.
- Until 2009, energy drinks were considered drugs in several countries and could only be purchased at a pharmacy.
- The vitamins that are part of engineers cannot replace the use of drug stores.
- You should stop using energy drinks if you have heart problems or high blood pressure.
- It is generally accepted that these drinks increase the body’s energy stores. In practice, this does not happen. The ingredients in the product forces the body to start using its internal reserves. With this, a lot of fatigue after the electrical engineer’s work ends is connected.
- Caffeine is a powerful stimulant and can deplete the nervous system. After caffeine wears off, your body needs time to recover. Let’s not forget that this stuff can be addictive. In truth, we note that scientists do not equate the risks of consuming energy drinks with regular coffee.
- The drink can be dangerous for the bodies of children and teenagers because it contains caffeine and glucose in large quantities.
- An overdose of B vitamins can lead to increased heart rate and tremors in the hands.
- Fitness fans should remember that caffeine has a diuretic effect. It suggests that one should not consume energy drinks after training not to dehydrate the body.
- Overdosing on energy drinks can cause tachycardia, psychomotor hyperactivity, nervousness, and even depression.
- The drinks contain not only taurine but also glucuronolactone. These substances are not dangerous to the adult body. Should not use them for diabetes and before the age of 18.
Based on the quantitative evidence, the harm of store-bought energy drinks outweighs the positive qualities. However, it is possible that in some situations, you may need energy drinks. We recommend not to get tangled up with them; in this case, the damage to the engineers in the store will be minimal.
What is the right way to consume energy drinks?
To minimize or eliminate the harm of store-bought energy drinks, you must follow simple rules for their use.
- Do not exceed the daily allowance of drinks. It primarily concerns caffeine. Do not consume more than two cans per day. Moreover, after the first can, the body needs to rest.
- When the energy drink stops working, the body must rest.
- Do not drink energy drinks after your workout, as your blood pressure can increase significantly.
- Teens should avoid the use of energy drinks. Pregnant and breastfeeding women, as well as the elderly.
- The half-life of caffeine is about 3 hours. Depending on your metabolism, this can take up to five hours. During this time, you cannot drink coffee or tea.
- Almost all energy drinks in the store are high in calories. If you go to sports, you can only drink a glass before the training begins.
- Never mix alcoholic beverages with energy drinks. Alcohol can significantly increase the effectiveness of caffeine and lead to dramatic increases in blood pressure.
Although scientists have failed to find serious side effects in energy drinks in numerous studies, they pose a particular risk to the body. You probably know that coffee can also harm the body if you drink it in large quantities. Doctors are sure that is more dangerous than regular coffee.
We don’t want to say that using energy drinks will undoubtedly harm your health. If you follow the rules for their use, there should be no problems. However, it would help if you did not drink for the slightest reason. There are known cases of overdose by engineers. If you find yourself in a situation where your friend drank too much of these drinks, call an ambulance and try to induce vomiting to remove the energy from the stomach. The consequences of an overdose can be dire. When the victim is transported to a medical facility, they will receive a gastric lavage and enter an IV. It is done to slow down the absorption of energy substances.
As you can see, tonics are not only harmless products, as their manufacturers are trying to convince us. Do not try to consume these foods without a good reason. If you need to refresh yourself, have a coffee. That’s all we wanted to tell you about the potential dangers of stored energy drinks.