Blood type diet; what is? Features and nutritional principles. Allowed and forbidden foods per blood type, the menu for each day. Honest criticism from those who have lost weight.
Blood type is a diet based on a person’s blood type. Each of them has its characteristics that affect the human body because losing weight can choose a diet that is more favorable for oneself. In this article, we will analyze in detail all the nuances of nutrition by blood type.
Characteristics and rules of blood type diet
Peter D’adamo developed the food concept for blood type from America. He believed that each of them arose during a certain period of human development, affecting nutrition.
There are a total of 4 blood groups in nature, which means you can choose an individual diet for each. It’s all about our lecithins. Lecithins are essential for the structure of cells; they are found in all human tissues and enter the body from food. A blood type diet for weight loss aims to find foods with a more favorable type of lecithin for a specific group.
Let’s consider the features and rules of each of them in more detail:
- Group 1 … According to the ABO system, which divides blood groups according to the type of antigen on the surface of red blood cells, the first group is usually named “I” or “O.” According to the concept of Adamos, it representatives were hunters because the main product of the diet for the first blood group is meat, the carrier of others led a sedentary lifestyle. It is estimated that about a third of the people on earth have this group. People with 1 blood type have strong immunity and a resilient digestive system. As a rule, they lead an active lifestyle, love sports, and know how to set goals. Their primary nutrient is protein; therefore, the meat becomes the center of all dishes. At the same time, it is essential to maintain a balanced diet so as not to harm the body.
- Group 2 … According to the ABO system, which separates blood groups according to the type of antigens on the surface of red blood cells, the second blood group is usually called “II” or “A.” The owners of this blood type lived in the agricultural era when vegetables and fruits were the main diets. Thus, the diet for blood group 2 can be called almost vegetarian.
- Group 3 … According to the ABO system, which separates blood groups according to the type of antigens on the surface of red blood cells, the third blood group is usually called “III” or “B.” As a rule, these are active and creative people with strong immunity. It is what makes the owners of this blood type almost omnivorous.
- Group 4 … According to the ABO system, which differentiates blood groups according to the type of antigens on the surface of red blood cells, the fourth blood group is usually named “IV” or “AB.” It is like a union of the blood groups of farmers and nomads – “A” and “B.” Its performers on earth are quite a few – 7-8% of the total population. Holders of four blood types have relatively weak immunity and sensitive digestive system, so a moderate diet suits them.
The blood type theory has several contraindications:
- Kidney and liver diseases;
- Recovery from long-term illnesses;
- High cholesterol;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Allowed and forbidden foods by blood type diet
You can cook blood-type meals in any way, except frying: oil will add up to 500 extra calories to food and harmful carcinogens.
The list of permitted foods, depending on blood type:
- Group 1 … The main diet should consist of red meat and liver, seafood, and green vegetables – iodine and nuts are essential. It is advisable to reduce the consumption of milk drinks and citrus fruits on a diet for the first blood group.
- Group 2 … The menu includes vegetables, fruits, soy, and grains with a low gluten content – rice, corn, nuts, pumpkin seeds, and fish. Sometimes you can eat white meat on a diet for the second blood group – chicken, rabbit, turkey, low-fat cheese, eggs, and dairy products. Limit red meat, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggplant and peppers, bananas, and citrus fruits whenever possible.
- Group 3 … The diet should include lean meats, eggs, grains, seafood, dairy products, vegetables, fruits, and berries. Limiting buckwheat, corn grits, muesli, canned food, caviar, seaweed, tomatoes and olives, peaches, figs, avocados, and seeds is advisable.
- Group 4 … The menu includes soy and tofu, lean fish and seafood, low-fat dairy products, green vegetables, fruits, and berries. It is better to avoid eating red meat, beans, buckwheat, and wheat on a diet for the fourth blood group.
On blood types for women, it is recommended to limit the introduction of high-calorie foods on the menu that do not keep the feeling of satiety and force the weight loss to overeat:
- Sweets … You have to leave your favorite delicious desserts behind as sugar is a very high-calorie product. A teaspoon contains 20-30 calories. One only has to imagine how much of it is in. So you have to ignore sugar and sweets in your diet.
- Bakery … The dough contains a lot of simple carbohydrates that are very high in calories but cannot delay filling. Therefore, we can eat three cups in a row and instantly get under 1000 calories. So bread and pastries made from wheat and rye flour are prohibited.
- Alcohol is… Hot energy drink and energy means calories. In addition to the high-calorie content, alcohol also causes an unbearable feeling of hunger. It forces the weight-loss person to break off goodies.
- Mayonnaise and sauces … Favorite additives in soups, meats, and other dishes can increase the calorie content by 100-200, or even 300 units, depending on the amount. Besides, they carry no benefits, so you have to give up. But you can make homemade sauces from natural high-fat yogurt or tomatoes.
- Butter … Of course, it contains healthy vegetable fats that the human body needs. However, you can pay for them with high calories and thickening body fat. Therefore, it is recommended to eliminate oil from the diet or reduce it to a teaspoon per day.
- Fast food … “Fast food” is a literal translation. It is true. It is just a quick snack intended for a short time. Such foods are filled with oil and simple carbohydrates, which means they are very high in calories. Among other things, they will not benefit the body and will not satisfy hunger for a long time.
- Calorie drinks … This includes all purchased drinks that contain sugar: soda, juice, smoothies, sweetened drink, yogurt, etc. As we have already found out, sugar makes any dish very caloric and harmful to the figure. If you have a sweet tooth, make sure your drinks are made with no-calorie sweeteners. By the way, it can be bought separately and added to tea or coffee.
Important! You need to monitor the water-salt balance on any diet: drink more pure water and eat less salt.
Diet for blood type
Now let’s go straight to the blood type diet. With a diet, it doesn’t matter if it’s positive or negative; it’s the number that counts.
Diet for blood type 1:
|First||Egg cake without milk, 200 g buckwheat, a glass of pineapple juice||All fruits||Soup made from permitted products, 100 g of veal, vegetable stock||A few nuts||Baked fish with vegetables|
|Second of all||Pumpkin porridge with honey, sugar-free berry juice||Some dried fruits||Baked beef steak, vegetable salad||A few nuts||Seafood and vegetable salad, a glass of rose flour|
|Thirdly||Egg cake without milk, 200 g buckwheat, a glass of pineapple juice||Some dried fruits||Vegetable soup, boiled chicken breast||A few nuts||Fish balls, vegetable salad|
|Fourthly||Zucchini pancakes, low-fat cheese slice, tomatoes||Some dried fruits||Vegetable soup with beef meatballs, vegetable salad||A few nuts||Baked fish, vegetable salad, a glass of rose flour|
|Fifth||Egg cake without milk, 200 g buckwheat, a glass of pineapple juice||Some dried fruits||Vegetable soup, boiled chicken breast||A few nuts||Roast duck, vegetable salad|
|Sixth||Carrot salad, rice porridge, jelly||Some dried fruits||Baked veal with broccoli||A few nuts||Boiled chicken breast, seaweed salad|
|Seventh||Egg cake without milk, 200 g buckwheat, a glass of pineapple juice||Some dried fruits||Boiled beef, vegetable salad||A few nuts||
Diet for blood type 2:
|First||Bean sauce with all permitted additives||All fruits from approved food||Vegetable soup and baked fish||Boiled buckwheat with chicken, vegetable salad|
|Second of all||Boiled buckwheat with chicken, carrot salad||A few nuts||Cooked breast with asparagus||Allowed fruit salad|
|Thirdly||Wholegrain crispbread with tofu, cherry juice||Some dried fruits||Grilled fish, vegetable salad||Vegetable steaks|
|Fourthly||Buckwheat porridge with soy milk||All fruits from approved food||Vegetable soup with chicken meatballs||Bean sauce with dried apricots|
|Fifth||Salad with vegetables and seafood||A few nuts||Vegetable soup, baked fish||Bean sauce with raisins|
|Sixth||Wholegrain crispbread with tofu, cherry juice||Some dried fruits||Brown rice pilaf with chicken meat, a glass of pineapple juice||Bean paste|
|Seventh||Buckwheat porridge with soy milk||A few nuts||Vegetable stew, baked fish||Allowed fruit salad|
Table with the diet for 3 blood groups
|First||Chicken omelet||Rice soup with veal||Any fruit allowed||Fried fish with vegetables|
|Second of all||Rice porridge with milk||Roast turkey with vegetables||Low-fat cheese slice||Vegetable salad with boiled chicken|
|Thirdly||Rye bread with a slice of low-fat cheese||Borscht with low-fat sour cream||Fruit salad||Steamed slices, vegetable salad|
|Fourthly||Rice porridge with apples||Salad with sardines, low-fat cheese, and eggs||Any fruit allowed||Boiled beef with vegetables|
|Fifth||Omelet, a glass of apple juice||Roasted rabbit meat with vegetables||A few nuts||Stuffed peppers|
|Sixth||Oatmeal with permitted additives||Vegetable soup with specially cooked chicken||Any citrus||Baked fish with green beans|
|Seventh||Natural low-fat yogurt and apple||Mushroom and vegetable soup and vegetable salad with chicken||Cottage cheese with permitted additives||Roasted rabbit with vegetables|
Diet for 4 blood groups
|First||Millet porridge with permitted additives||A few nuts||Fried chicken with vegetables||Any citrus||Boiled turkey with vegetables|
|Second of all||Oatmeal with permitted additives||A glass of kefir 0% fat||Boiled rabbit meat and vegetable steak||A few grapes||Baked fish and vegetable salad|
|Thirdly||Barley porridge with permitted additives||A few nuts||Roasted rabbit with cream sauce and vegetables||Kiwi||Boiled turkey with vegetables|
|Fourthly||Rice porridge with permitted additives||A glass of kefir 0% fat||Steamed chicken breast and vegetable salad||A few grapes||Baked fish and seaweed salad|
|Fifth||Muesli with permitted additives||A few nuts||Turkey meat steamed rice||Any citrus||Boiled turkey with vegetables|
|Sixth||Bran with milk||A glass of kefir 0% fat||Barley porridge with permitted additives||A few nuts||Cottage cheese with permitted additives|
|Seventh||Oatmeal with permitted additives||A few nuts||Vegetable soup and fruit salad||A glass of kefir 0% fat||Baked fish with rice|
On blood type, you can drink all non-nutritious drinks, various teas, coffee, and most importantly – without sugar.
Important! If you feel uncomfortable or weak, it is best to consult a nutritionist. Maybe the body lacks some vitamins. A nutritionist will help identify these and prescribe additional vitamin and mineral complexes.
Honest reviews of the blood type diet theory
The blood type diet is entirely passive: noticeable results appear only after six months. However, if you reduce your daily calorie intake and start playing sports, the indicators increase several times. We suggest you familiarize yourself with the honest reviews of those who have lost weight on a blood type diet.
Nika, 37 years old
I was on a diet for three blood types; everything was simple. You can eat almost anything, and it looks like a simple balance. The main thing here is to reduce the daily calorie content, but not the loss of nutrients and vitamins. How much weight you lose depends only on you.
Elena, 28 years old
I have blood type 2, and since the diet is almost vegetarian, I was surprised. I’m pretty fond of meat. But then I noticed that I really don’t eat it often and not that much. You probably need to listen to your body and eat what it wants. Well, naturally, by weaning off flavorings and sugar addiction. For me, it wasn’t even a diet, but solid food. I keep the weight.
Daria, 41 years old
I have the “weakest” blood type, the fourth. After starting to eat this diet, my body felt better. The weight did not go so fast; probably, in terms of calorie content, I still eat. Here the main thing is not to eat buns and sweets; that’s where all the evil is inside. So I advise those losing weight to look closely at their blood type; it can be helpful. “
The blood type diet is ideal for those who want to bring their diet closer to a more normal diet. If that doesn’t suit you, you can always go smoothly.